All businesses with annual revenue of Dh 375,000 or more are required to submit their VAT registration online applications within 30 days of being required to be registering
As per the regulatory Authority Federal Tax Authority Registration (FTA), all businesses in UAE must ensure the recording of their financial transactions, apart from that VAT registration requirements have done and ledgers are updated in time to avoid penalties.
Have your business registered in a few easy steps!
After the implementation of VAT in UAE on 01 January 2018, it started sending people into preparation for VAT registration in Dubai, UAE and VAT accounting. Like many of our clients, you can also welcome this tax in UAE regime with assurance having Correctax Accounting. guiding you each step of the way.
The standard VAT rate of 5% is agreed to be charged on certain goods and services in the UAE, however, it may vary in some cases. Non-taxable goods and services will not be charged, such as health, education, and local transport, etc.
There are a couple of documents required that come with registering with the VAT in UAE. The nature of the organization matters in registration.
For a businessman applying for a VAT certificate as an individual, the following are needed:
For businessmen registering as an authority,the requirements are as follows:
The requirements for a Dubai-based business registering for VAT are as follows:
Types of VAT Registration
A) Mandatory Registration
Any business is required to register if they fall into the following classifications:
- For over the 12-month period, the taxable supplies of the business go beyond the mandatory registration threshold, or
- The business expects to make taxable supplies in the next 30 days that will have a value that is more than the mandatory registration threshold, or
- The amount of mandatory registration threshold is AED 375,000.
B) Voluntary Registration
Any business that doesn’t meet the mandatory registration criteria and falls into the following classifications may opt for a voluntary registration:
- In the previous 12-month period, their taxable supplies or taxable expenditures are worth more than the voluntary registration threshold, or
- The business expects for their taxable supplies or taxable expenditure for the next 30 days to be worth more than the voluntary registration threshold, or
- The amount for the voluntary registration threshold is AED 187,500.